Freak Out on the Plane

I sat on the uncomfortably small plane seat livid. The two annoying little kids continued to bicker and whine as I mocked them before receiving a “we’re all annoyed, so take your mind off of it” look from my mother. My veins nearly popped out of my arms as I clenched my fists to keep me from walking right over and throwing them both off the plane. My mom jabbed at me again, so I reached into my bag and pulled out my AirPods. While it did calm me down for a minute, “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourn could only bring me peace for so long. Eventually, it came back. “Mommy I’m hungry!” The younger brother shouted while the older one started to have a meltdown because his ears hurt. I glared at the mom from my spot on the plane as she continued to do absolutely nothing to discipline her kids. I sat in the middle seat, smashed between my mom and a random lady. When will those two kids just shut up! I thought to myself. We hadn’t even started moving and I was already close to having a breakdown. I hadn’t realized it yet, but this was going to be a long three hours.